Monday 26 August 2013

33. David V Goliath, or, Back Against the Wall!

Hello 'NAME WITHHELD':


I contact you for your expertise as "an international authority on internet law." 

Likely few 74 year olds are so foolhardy to take on the legal system. 
As a financially-pressed, British Columbia domiciled, self-representing Claimant, reduced to having become the Respondent, my time is running out. 

At the outset my claim of contractual non compliance against an Ottawa web-developer started out well. Defense offered me a $30,000 out-of-court settlement. However, having spent some $45,000 for the creation of an interactive Kijiji type online Postal/Zip Code based Classifieds which was never satisfactorily produced - thus loosing us our valuable marketing window of opportunity - I decided to soldier on. 

In retrospect, with Defense digging in with Counsel and my scant knowledge of legal chess and procedure, maybe I should have accepted their earlier offer. 

Jurisdictional disparity, well-timed Defense Motions to dismiss, and a Case Management Master's punitive measures laid on this Plaintiff for not answering what became "all questions are relevant in the circumstances" during a stretched discovery phase, have left this present 'Respondent' despondent, wondering how the Rules of Civil Procedure can be so overshadowed with legal ploy.   

Am I indeed the recalcitrant old fool they are determined to make me out to be? Must I be taught an expensive lesson? Or, are average Citizens like myself entitled to have their day in an unbiased and fair court to determine who is in error and who is ultimately beholden? 

On September 20th, I will be attending a 'Special Appointment' with a Master and Defense Counsel by teleconferenceIt could well become my final coup-de-grace. 

In anticipation, I am seeking the services of someone concerned with these matters. Someone who can play a definitive role in improving web-related legalities, so that others may avoid the senseless nightmares and failed opportunities I have been suffering. 

My blog: www.about-justice.blogspot.com will shed light on my situation.

I hope you will take the time to answer my plea.
Sincerely,
Jan Steen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment