Saturday 6 June 2015

197. The GOOGLE GOD of Online Reality.

VIEWS@13021

It is both awesome and real!
Online usage, whether info through business or pleasure, is syphoned and digested to be dedicated within nano-seconds to chuck or feature. Our focus is down to split-seconds. Thumbs up, or move on.

We are morphing exponentially. Welcome to the online circus where make belief is the new reality.
"Every word you say, every step you make, I'll be watching you" (Sting) The theatre of life.

So it has come to be with little ol me now. I left Facebook several years ago, when I felt it was becoming too invasive. Now my Google profile is helping to nudge good talent away. Don't touch him, he looks like trouble. Am I shooting myself in the foot?

This is taking me to make some serious adjustments. Can I manage to avoid an implosion? Time will tell. In the meantime, I re-assess, and ask: What is this urge, this drive to stay 'involved?' Could I possibly acknowledge failure?

To face the fact that all the years of dedicated effort and money spent on that - which I am still told to be a good idea - has been a waste of time? Is there such a thing as 'wasting time?'  Can I accept defeat, and live with it, comfortably? Then re-focus, and put my energies to projects I have greater control over? Like digging a hole, plant a tree, and see it grow?

Still, all those out in the Googling world, working dauntingly on their numerous causes, give me the drive to hold on tenaciously and find a solution. Although we are ultimately all finite creatures, when nearly depleted, we can take a break, re-assess, muster new energy, and continue to seek a solution. Somewhere lies an untapped source that can make the difference. Everything is its own answer.

Seek and ye shall find. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment