Wednesday 15 July 2015

200. Battling the Malaise of Dishonesty

VIEWS@13356

Another milestone date, July 11, has come and gone. Seven years now since the contracted 'Completion Date' of our Classifieds by Postal Code Website did not get to potentially shine online as per specified. The maybe possible was not to be. Still, the sun rises and the sun sets; so the lay folk believe. Whether in view or not, it continues to be an unquestionable fact - the ultimate truth. No sun no life.

One of the luxuries allowed elders, yip > ME! is that we have far fewer deadlines. Having done our bit, the 'RUSH' is out of life; unless of course DEATH comes knocking, unexpectedly; a final interruption determining the final deadline.

So I'm taking my sweet time completing and filing my 'Application,' challenging the Provincial Minister of Justice + Attorney General. I can only take so much energy each morning delving through folders, looking for a file that states a pertinent something to be presented as proof or query.

As such I have a running Word doc, entitled 'practice AFFIDAVIT' that sits on my desktop. Each morning over my 2 cups of organic I scan its text and mull over whether it stays, is rewritten, or chucked.

In itself this is an interesting process; at least to me. Different morning, different mood. One thing for sure, it's getting shorter all the time, and the timbre is changing. Starting with 'feelings,' as if I'm communicating with like-minded 'other' humans, I tried to be inclusive by embracing the qualities of 'good' and 'conscience.' Gradually now, I am keeping 'me' out of it, writing in the third person. Striving towards the cold and impersonal, sticking to hard facts. Claimant did this on THIS date; that occurred on THAT date! From that perspective there is a gradual improvement

Destined to retain the naive qualities one associates with youth and in-experience, it appears I may never embody the qualities previously considered in-human. Dishonesty through nefarious manipulation is the accepted standard now. "Call now, supplies are limited." "This is a one-time offer only!" "You'll get up to $5000 off, if you call NOW!""Our product Kills 99.9 % of all vermin!"

Bating us with nonsense rhetoric of word bites, they tantalize to manipulate our gullible falsehoods. I keep telling myself to stick to the cold facts! But I keep wondering: Can anyone be cornered to confess? Who from within a system will admit they are responsible? Do facts still have meaning? Or is it all just so much 'PAP' to control the masses? When is anything considered a crime?

As likely my last stand, time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment