Thursday 4 January 2018

294. From Mom-'n-PoP to eBay, Amazon and Alibaba. Is it Back to Smaller next?

 STATVIEWS: 20, 235


NOTHING = 4 EVER / CHANGE = the ONLY CONSTANT 
(The Yin & Yang of Life )


========================================================================
"Yin / Yang: Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition, it’s unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves – yin/yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. Both halves are chasing after each other as they seek a new balance with each other."
========================================================================

So it's another numbered year on the Julian Calendar - 2018. Whoops! Make that .... Gregorian...
========================================================================

"The Gregorian calendar is internationally the most widely used civil calendar. It is named after Pope Gregory XIII, who introduced it in October 1582. It was a refinement to the Julian calendar involving an approximately 0.002% correction in the length of the calendar year."

=======================================================================

Thank you your highness Pope Gregory X111 (1582). How could we have managed without you? What and where would we be, if not for that 0.002% correction?

I have just returned from LA (that is Los Angeles, city of Angels) I looked for Angels, but can report, as non-fake news, other than connecting with 2 of my off-spring, there were no Angels in site!

What I am motivated to report is that from my usual quiet-rural, mostly tree and local wildlife ruled existence, after 2 days back, I am still digesting the enormous input of data and experiences I was exposed to. Like being taken in to a private cubicle at the airport, because I had a hernia belt that was questionable. They even swabbed my hands, checking for explosives. It was explained to be routine procedure - when something untoward shows up.  Although it felt invasive at the time, I later respected their thoroughness.

Life is fickle, life is short enough, but my question at 78 is: How many more years am I physically and emotionally able to be rewarded by being with, and enjoying my off spring like this?

I continue to be impressed by our differences. Are individual Ants and Worms as different as We are?
A friend of mine told me about meeting a 107 year old man in New York - AT A PARTY! Stunned, he asked the man: 'How do you do it?' The man responded: 'Well? Good genes help, but when you wake up in the morning, you still have to be motivated. You have to be curious.'

At my daughter's, I read a book: 'Many Lives, Many Masters' (Brian L.Weiss) Its first sentence, if I remember correctly, states:"There is a reason for everything."
To me this statement indicates that some other force is in charge of running things. He, Weiss (a psychiatrist), then takes the reader through chapters in which his 'patient' is in a hypnotic state and consequently takes us in to what appear to be former lives. All her data is hugely impressive.

One of the main suggestions is that, in this life, we need to be more 'patient,' that there is a continuum. I immediately reflected, by remembering that as a young professional adult in the theatre business, I was told to be more 'Patient.' My response at that time was: "I will be patient once I'm dead!"

And guess what anonymous global readers? These past ten years of my life are the very first I allowed 'others ' to influence my objectives in a concrete manner. Technologies are changing rapidly. While this may seem hugely exciting, it is at the same time seriously alarming.

In essence. When you reach out in to a to you foreign area, you are allowing these 'others' to influence you.  The NEW reality then is? 'How prepared for their personalized inputs are you?'

As such, with my minimalist monthly government pension (budget) > thank you democratic Canada >  I ventured abroad to affordable India, then Serbia and Belgium, to find ready contacts to create my very last online website effort. I experienced mostly horror connectives, eager to take my money, but leaving me wanting for workable production results.

As a purposeful yet naive entity I am sure I was coddled along, not necessarily with the best of talent and know how. Pretence is the life-line online. But it was the best I could do during this continued battle, fighting Left Brain focused coders versus my mostly Right Brain, former Theatre/ Visual orientation.

So what wrung of the ladder are you envisioning yourself to be in these days? Is there more to come, or can you settle with it? Time and circumstance, questioning personal endeavours, or the lack. It's all a constant change!

How long lasts anything? The rub is all about the speed of change, and whether we, as a species, while aware of it, can keep up with it?
All I know is is that the 'Donald ' has his finger on a potential doomsday catastrophe.

Who am I? Who are you, wherever you are? Can we make a difference?
========================================================================

If interested? Check my 1969, 16 MM film @:You Tube/ Halewyn Films/ Newspaper Careers 
OR: My website in progress: gocascadia.com  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment