Saturday 3 July 2021

SWALLOW MAN?

Now you see it > THEN you Don't! HELLO ZERO FOLLOWERS! I continue indulging as my urges motivate - expressing my views - (questionably with no responses?). Being mostly a 'HANDS-ON' type, receiving NO responses suggests I am talking/expressing primarily to MY-self! This is NO FaceBook with all its daily updates of new pictures, or 'Like-Me'responses thereto. OR? Maybe, it IS a mere FB, only with lengthier diatribe? That said, to the point of writing this issue! As a young Theatre graduate from the 'ROYAL' Central School of Speech & Drama in London England, (I speak of the early sixties), settling in Toronto, I was hired to do a SUCRET commercial (a lozenge against a sore throat) Hired, based on my ability to 'control' my ADAM's APPLE movement > Can you believe it? >>> ====================================================================================== NOW! Some 55 years later, as a main 'BIRDER' > with several nesting boxes attached to my house, I have been hosting a family of Green-Violet Swallows for over 10 + years! It proved the parents were DEAD! Since this year, a set of its Off-Spring, a Female + a new Male (?) chose to nest in a secondary box, located some 2 feet away from the parental box. Well? As any NEW parent, "things' are not not smooth! The 'NORM' is: Female You lays a fertized egg, then another, to a potential 4 (with Swallows).... Then? MOM sits on eggs > STATS state 13-17 days? > THERE already is the potential problem! Some hatch before others, and as such, some fledge earlier thamn others! AND THERE.... lies the potential problem?..... Especially when UR a newly wed! i.e. Some fledlings will take the jump ..... days before another dare do the same! And THAT is what I am experiencing right now! I.e. at times, the parents will give up OVER N OUT FOR NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment