Monday 4 August 2014

122. Request for Verification in Writing.

VIEWS@9,130

Ministry of the Attorney General
Divisional Court
161 Elgin Street, 2nd Floor
Ottawa, K2P 2K1
E.Jan Steen 
(address eliminated)
Hornby Island,
BC, V0R1Z0
August  05, 2014

RE: APPEAL FILE NUMBER: DC-13-1971
FOR THE RECORD

Dear Ms. Saikaley:

Dated, July 03, 2014, I received from your office a 'NOTICE OF LISTING FOR HEARING (APPEAL),' stating: 
'This Appeal has been perfected and listed for a September 10, 2014 at 2:PM hearing.'
The Notice included a directive to notify your office should any resolution or adjournment be proposed. 

On or about July 17, 2014 I sent your office a written request, asking for an adjournment to the above date, having decided the need to find reliable professional representation. Additionally, I requested you explain the September date, since the Attorney General's online Court information regarding Divisional Court sittings does not indicate that date as a sitting in Ottawa.  

On Monday, July 28, 2014, you telephoned me at my home in BC. You acknowledged receiving my letter containing my request for an adjournment. You gave me DECEMBER 03, 2014, @ 10 AM  (2 PM should I not appear in person) as the new Appeal Hearing Date. 

You stated you did not as yet have the 2015 dates available, but would inform me when you were given them. I note that the Attorney General's website has a 2015 column indicating the various jurisdictional sitting dates, including Ottawa's. 

As with the initially slated September 10 Hearing date, December 03, 2014, is not a part of the online Ottawa listings. 
Does this suggest, my Hearing falls outside the regular schedule?

I had asked you, whether you would confirm the newly slated December 03, 2014 @ 10 AM date in writing? You replied - you would not. I should inform Defense Counsel, and if they wished to confirm with you, they could telephone you. I informed Ms. Alexander by email of this. She in turn asked if there would be written confirmation. 

I have as of this date spoken with a professional, and he informed me to ask you for a verification of the newly set date of December 03, 2014 in writing. 

Would you please be so kind to verify in writing:

1) That you received my July 17, 2014 letter asking for an adjournment to the September 10, 2014 Hearing.

2) That on Monday, July 28, 2014, you telephoned and informed me of the rescheduled December 03, 10 AM Ottawa date for my DC-13-1971 Hearing.

With much appreciation, I await your written response.
I thank you in advance for doing so.

Sincerely,
E Jan Steen
(Self-Representing Appellant)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment