Wednesday 30 July 2014

121. Quandaries of fumblers

VIEWS@9054

Trying to confirm the origin by Googling a sentence I remembered from long ago: "The more you know, the more you know how little you know," I ran in to a one liner by Socrates:

"The only wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

So I had a reply to the Request I sent the Attorney General of Ontario. (Post 120)
"Dear Evert Jan Steen,

Thank you for your email sent July 19, 2014 to the Ministry of the Attorney General. Your email has been forwarded to this office for response.

The Ministry is very interested in the views and responses of members of the public about the Ontario justice system.  We are aware of the important issues facing individuals involved in the civil justice system and regularly monitor to ensure that our laws and the administration of the courts are responsive to the needs and interests of the public. We very much appreciate hearing your concerns and comments on the civil justice system. 

You may wish to contact Pro Bono Law Ontario (PBLO)..." etc. + another 5 paras with directives to available help. Understandably, NONE of my particulars were addressed.

"Thank you again for providing us with your comments. We hope this information is helpful to you.

"Sincerely,
Civil Policy and Programs Branch
Court Services Division
Ministry of the Attorney General. "
===============================================================

I have as of now managed to ADJOURN my September 10th Appeal Hearing. The new date was set - by telephone - by the Registrar of Court Services for the Divisional Court in Ottawa.
When I was given the September 10th date, I went online to see if I could glean whether the Court services provided an indication of the dates the divisional court sat in the various Ontario Jurisdictions.

Yes! On Googling: 'Divisional Court Dates for Ontario,' I noted a: "Divisional Court Sittings" listing.
The 2014 and 2015 dates for the Ottawa Region indicated:

"East Region – Divisional Court will sit in Ottawa the following weeks:
  • One week commencing Monday, January 27, 2014
  • One week commencing Monday, April 7, 2014
  • One week commencing Monday, June 9, 2014
  • One week commencing Monday October 27, 2014
  East Region – Divisional Court will sit in Ottawa the following weeks:
  • One week commencing Monday, January 26, 2015
  • One week commencing Monday, April 20, 2015
  • One week commencing Monday, June 8, 2015
  • One week commencing Monday October 26, 2015"
=================================================================
What is interesting is that the Date I was supplied with was September 10, 2014.
I do not see the Divisional Court of Ottawa sitting then, as per the above schedule.
Neither is the new date of DECEMBER 3 @ 10 AM showing up.

Are there differing Divisional Courts in a Province? Is this my naivety?
Or, as with my Case Management's "Special Appointment of September 20, 2013" are there, now and again, certain  'special' dates arranged, outside the regular schedule?

All of this, and the realization that more and more I feel I am getting less and less aware of what is going on. I would loath to think, like my experience in BC, that some wee tiny little technicality can chuck the whole thing.

And although I loath letting this drag on even longer,  I am now in a determined mode to seek Representation. Someone, preferably in the Ottawa Region (costs, and inconvenience of travel etc), someone who is prepared to step in and properly represent this Appellant and see due justice done.
I'm positive the Courts would like nothing better than to see that occur.

Enough of me.
It's just a matter of finding the RIGHT person. That's the rub.
Enough of fumblers.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment