Friday 13 February 2015

162. A System's Inherent Merry-Go-Round ?

VIEWS@11155

Today is the historic and ominous Friday the 13th. After verbalizing during the January 20th Hearing his decision would be within 1 to 2 weeks, we are now in to the 4th week of awaiting Justice Hackland's Appeal verdict.

I have experienced a number of legal anomalies over these many years. One being the missing of documents in one's file, which then, after a complaint, would mysteriously re-appear a week later.    

At this stage of procedures in this nightmare referred to as 'Due Process,' I am coming to ask certain questions. Like a citizen's rights set out in the Freedom of Information Act (I must look in to this in more detail), I am becoming curious about certain, to me, highly pertinent factors; factors that could potentially influence the decision of the Honourable Justice Hackland.

What at this stage is beginning to intrigue me is:

a) WHO decided to put Justice Hackland in charge of interpreting this Appeal?
b) WHEN was it decided? 
c) WHAT files was Justice Hackland presented with?
d) WHERE are files stored and WHICH parties have access to them?
- Is there a single set, or upon Appeal, does the Superior Court have its file, 
while the Divisional Appeal Court creates its own? 
d) HOW do courts control individual files? 

I feel the need to know about ALL the materials Justice Charles Hackland is in possession of  - by fact of reality and access. i.e. is there a possibility of any hanky-panky that could in  ANYway, affect his decision?

A veritable W5, as you can see.

To be more specific:
I filed my Appeal Docs, of Factum and Affidavits etc., on or about October, 2013. After a requested postponement of the September 10, 2014, set date, our Counsel filed her papers early this 2015, just prior to the newly set January 20th date.  This indicates a time lapse of more than a year.

I understand Justices are appointed their next case by regular schedules, several weeks before a due date hearing.

Is Justice Hackland in possession of the complete file, part of the file as it it pertains to the Appeal to the Superior Court Dismissal (i.e. both my filed appeal papers as an SRL + those of our present Counsel), OR is Justice Hackland's total receipt of documents those presented by our Counsel? 

That is my today's QUESTION.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment