Monday 11 November 2013

53. Appeal DEADLINE > ??

I have just come to realize I was WRONG in my calculations with the deadline for filing my Appeal! The Government's online instructions read, under the heading: 

"What is the deadline for perfecting my appeal?"

When there is no transcript of evidence required, you must perfect your appeal within 30 days of when you filed your Notice of Appeal. Where a transcript of evidence is required, you must perfect within 60 days of receiving notice that the transcript has been completed."

I am awaiting the notice of completion of the order of two transcripts. This would indicate, that as of today, November 15, 2013, there is as yet no definite filing deadline.
_________________________________________________________________________________
VIEWS TO DATE 4495

Together with the messages the Court sent me, below is a section of our government's online instructions. Conflicting when combined, they are responsible for my ultimate confusion.

"Review the pleadings in the action

* The examination may relate to any matter in issue in the proceedings as raised by the pleadings and particulars. In order for a question to be allowed and not refused at discovery, it must be relevant; it must relate to an issue raised in the pleadings. Have a working familiarity with all pleadings in the action.
* Create a pleadings summary, if necessary, summarizing the key points raised in each pleading. 
*Summarize potential lines of questioning applicable to each pleading, keeping in mind the elements of any causes of action and applicable defences that you want to explore."

Although I posted several new postings on BLOG: Case #10-49776, presently entrenched in gathering docs for my Appeal deadline, I will likely not be back here until later this month. Until then...:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I remember that all too well. It still haunts me to this very day. Don't forget a single thing, don't leave out a single point, have brief clear and concise answers that concretely prove your case should not have been dismissed. I was only able to prove 11 out of 13 points and mine got dismissed, and I was handed the bill of $133,000 in damages on a case that was only worth $20,000!!! I still cannot sleep properly because it still haunts me to this very day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ray: To me, we are far beyond the forgetting of a single point. I could be 'PERFECT,' and there would still be any amount of decision making that would suit the court. I have mentioned a number of anomalies/ discrepancies/ call them what you like, the courts have over-ruling powers to make decisions as they see fit. Like in Health, all reality lies in 'prevention.' To feel less lonely, I would like to have some contact with you. True Democracy lies in the hands of many. With numbers we can make a difference. To stand alone, we are mere pons in the game for survival. Although I much appreciate your comment, my aim is to have all this effort become useful. I'd like to connect by email. Thanks, Jan Steen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to 2 appeals in my life. The first one I attended in person and I succeeded. The second one I didn't attend in person and it was pretty much dismissed right away. I could tell the difference. Because I was attending remotely it was easier for them to dismiss my claims and MUCH more difficult for me to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. If you're serious then you must attend in person to give yourself a chance! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elizabeth: You are SO correct. I have already experienced this in a number of areas, and stated so. It is humanly IMPOSSIBLE to take SUBJECTIVITY out of proceedings. Stressed as matters already are, by sympathy, or empathy through body language for those present, the absentee doesn't stand a chance. Call it involuntary collusion if you like. Masters and Judges are made of flesh and blood, just like us. Please keep commenting as you see fit. Maybe in numbers, we can help make a difference. RU in Canada?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment