Friday 22 November 2013

60. The ADVERSARIAL SYSTEM!



Views @ 4834

We are entering a new chapter! With me as the enemy!

I have created an impasse!  By daring to challenge the Masters; by questioning Public Servants WHY we are not 'playing by the rules', I have aggravated the system. By questioning clearly set standards of behavioural proportionality and rule-bound procedure; by not complying to questionable orders, I have  been dismissed and now created an impasse. 

This old man, he played one - (too many)
he played knick-knack on their thumb
with a knick-knack paddywhack
give the dog a bone 
this old man came rolling... home.

I refused to roll over and die by attrition, or sheer exhaustion. 

This is a demo gone crazy. There is clearly no goodwill here; no "Mr. Steen, you make a good point; we are overburdened, and got lost in the immediate demands from our locals. Let's try again, and this time see if we can have a serious look at your claim and try adhere more by the rules..."  
Nope! It is - do as we say, or else; adversarial all the way.

Oddly, only some ten years ago, this Blog would not have existed. A mere gnat like me could not have expressed himself like this. I would have swallowed my losses, and gone back to harmless puttering, squashed like a recalcitrant bug, realizing justice was paid for by those who can afford it.

In the late sixties I was a documentary film maker with my own company in old TO. We produced some 30 + Career Guidance films on 16 mm film. One won the Chris Award for best in its category. Did I invent quick cutting? (One frame/2 frame/4 frame/ one frame, segways in to new scenes?) Who cares? Video tape had not been created yet, just like computers now. One's lot in life is determined by time, place, and circumstance. 

I was going to do a lot of things, and did the things I did! Such is life; you only have so much control, while trying to keep it all 'together'! Now this! Why? To right a wrong? It is possible? Doesn't look like it. Still, you do what you do, and then you're dead! Spit in the bucket of time we are. 

"Dad, don't be weird!" 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment