Monday 9 May 2016

242. Letter to the Minister of 'Democratic Institutions.'

VIEWS@15815


Dear Maryam Monsef, Minister of Democratic Institutions:

First, congratulations on your relatively new, what should be a demanding, yet exciting position. 
Second, as an elder Canadian citizen, I am writing you about my serious concerns with the state of our country’s legal system. It is incredible that as the very foundation of our democracy, it can be functioning at the level it is, and allowed to continue to do so.  

Mostly as an SRL, now in my eighth year nightmare, I have encountered conflict of interest, collusion, sleazy manipulative practices, lack of respect, and coercion. I could say, I may have seen it all. 
This is real and scary stuff, Maryam! 

It is my response to the experience I have suffered in our ‘fair' Canada, strangely considered to be “one of the finest democracies in the world.” 

I have been writing a blog about my experiences, and am told "eyes are upon me."
Hopefully I need not fear for my life, while addressing the to me fundamental issues of our Nation, continued to be controlled and run by its insiders. 

I have tried to communicate with Justice Minister Raybould’s office. As well, I have contacted the Canadian Judicial Council’s Office at various times, and lately the Prime Minister’s office, alerting them about my deep concerns. Since I feel a sound Legal System lies at the very foundation of any political institution, I am seeking a Public Inquiry, after which I suggest a major overhaul of the system. Rules, accountability and all. Away with the old boys’ club!  It is time we entered the 21st Century.

Your Ministry has recently come to my attention, and I surmise this area would lie within your office’s jurisdiction.
It is my opinion that before improvements to any part of government can be implemented, the first requirement lies  to fix our Federal Justice system. After doing so, hold accountable those we put in charge.  

NOTHING else can function properly, unless our foundation, the Laws of the Land, are equitably written, then properly applied and adhered to.   

I would much appreciate your response.

Sincerely,

evert-jan steen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment