Thursday 12 May 2016

243. Surrealism Morphs to Become Reality

VIEWS@15838

Cirque de Soleil has fallen to Earth. The Ivory of 8300 Rhinos and Elephants are burnt to teach the killer poachers a lesson; Donald Trump aka the 'Apprentice' seeks to be the next US president, and ISIS brings the 2000 year old preserved ruins of Palmyra to its knees. The world's unfolding as it is.

And today, May 12th is three months to the day I attended my 'Summary Trial' in Victoria.  Captain Kangaroo is in the house and t's called a 'COURT of JUSTICE.'  The JUDGE, the AG DEFENCE Counsel, and lil-ol me the SRL; all present - SIR! Next to this haute-couture, the homeless have pitched their valuables. Who could ask for more?

"I've read your material Mr. Steen; so what would you like me to do for you today?"
 Hmmm? Like 'soup du jour or Smorgasbord? My choice...'
Still no written 'REASONS FOR JUDGMENT!'

I guess, in retrospect - and I mean looking back over 8 years now - I need to come to my senses.
The actual power of those in control is that they can segueway you at all turns. Their bag of tricks is what they went to school for. Manipulation is a fine Art. Now you see it, then you don't! It hurts.

What it says it is, it ain't! THAT's my problem! I take things too literal; like the masses. You are instructed early on: "Careful, that's HOT!" And HOT means Ouch!  "Watch out, that's a big hole; if you step forward it will eat you alive!" "This means THIS, and that means THAT!"

The older ones show you the way, cause 'THEY KNOW!' Until you've figured it out, enter the world and start applying it all yourself. That's when it all goes awry; at least if you have taken it all at its face value.
Cause the 'Art of Living' is like wine; it may 'look' like fine, but yegh, spit, damnation, when you taste it! ROT-GUT! ..... cheap shit! They lied to me!

So life is all about 'Buyer Beware!' Kind of like Magic! Don't EVER take anything for granted! It ain't what it appears to be. Now, that should be easy enough to configure?

Let me take you back to my youth: I'm talking March 20, 1942, the day before my 3rd birth Day. We're in Northern Sumatra, Indonesia, a Dutch 'Colony' at the time. My father was a young lieutenant in the Dutch/East Indian Army, and my mother was, well > my Mother! She had some 4 years earlier returned from her European 'schooling' where she was taught French at boarding school in Switzerland, at 14, then English in London @ 17 to 18 + when she returned to Indonesia as a gorgeous and desirable young woman. My father managed to shanghai her.

So this day, the 20th March, 1942, the Japanese, just a few military types with guns, coaxed us in to packing an overnight bag to gather at some school, just for the night, while figuring stuff out. We knew, well the adults did,  there was a war in Europe, and the fact Pearl Harbour had occurred > December 7, 1941.  So now, some three months later they had invaded Indonesia, and were about to start building their Birma Rail road, so they could chugalug all the splendid resources the Dutch had been profiting from for some 400 years, up to Japan, for their own much-needed use.

Well, that overnightee turned in to 4 + years and some 9 different concentration camps, most of them in the 'hutan' - jungle. (Orang-utan = Man of the Jungle) Why so many camps you wonder? When half of a group of some 400 people had perished in one camp, these were women and children under 14, they'd shovel us off to mix with the leftovers of another camp. They were very efficient with their management tactics, not unlike the Dutch themselves.  

The point I want to make here is that while some of the tenacious believer survivalists, spending time thinking of maybe someday eating a 'soup du jour', other than rat soup, or mouth-watering while thinking of some fine smorgasbord of delicacies, while holding out and hanging in for those long years, in the end succumbed when sent to the Netherlands.

The necessary psychological adjustments, based on the ingrained experiences just became too much, and a good number fell by the wayside in a variety of manners. I guess I was 'lucky' to have been as young as I was. I never held the Japanese responsible for their atrocities. As I grew up, I understood why they wanted the rich and resourced Indonesia. After all, why were the Dutch there? The Portuguese in Africa, the French? The Brits in India and Australia? The American slave trade? Ah, yes, what about this North American continent?

Who killed the Natives and their Buffalos? Who profited from the reindeer and beaver pelt trade? This is the only 'Colony' that was never given back to their originals! Whoa Canada, our chrome and naive land...> just to mention our bit.

Justice is a misnomer! It's just NOT natural! Like Don Quixote, I shoulda known better than to mess with 'Authority.' Stop dreaming fella....it's a nasty, dog-eat-dog fantastic world out there! Bring on the Circus! Virtual reality's the next expansion. Surrealism's the new reality.

Bring on the Donald; his 'Duck's' as good as any; his quack for change will shake some booties!   Watch your heads; big shit will be flying... It's a new day for this morphing species!

Where's that Rotgut gone?









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment