Thursday 26 January 2017

272. "Steps to Justice."

BLOG STAT SHOWS VIEWS @ 17, 661 (?)

Although I came very close to deleting this much appreciated still FREE outlet, an early evening tel call from a representative of one of my more valued causes, the CBC - with their objective to have the CBC retain its mandate as an open-minded, properly funded National Broadcaster  - has given me second, if not third, thoughts.

"Why delete your blog, it's free isn't it?" was his opinion. That very thought took me on a mental voyage in which I ran the gamut of angles to 'Things that are 'FREE.'  Water was once 'FREE.' Now it's more expensive than oil. Matches were once 'FREE.' Some recycling centers are still 'FREE.'
But under the guise of WHAT? Many are now making big bucks selling their collected 'FREE' goods.

However, just because it's 'FREE' should one take advantage of it? I'm still amazed how I can SKYPE my family for 'FREE.' I still remember a Skype email: "Congratulations you are one of our first 1 million users!" Some 10 years ago?  Still, behind the 'FREE' must lie a need, a purpose! So I have decided, rather than put my issues with the Legal System to bed, and let others nibble away at it, I will start a new chapter.

Borrowing the above title: "Steps to Justice" from another group's efforts towards improving the legal system, I am using it to take me on a freshly inspired journey.

I recently met an SRL who actually WON his case in the appeal court of The Tax Court of Canada! I believe he was rewarded the $30,000 he was claiming.  On entering the court room there were some details about "most cases don't even get this far," as in most people would have long given up by now....

How when his turn to speak came, he intently looked up at the judge, and, never wavering from his factual rhetoric impressed the man to the point so convincingly, he likely felt his conscience could not let the claimant go empty-handed.  Raising his eyebrows at the Tax Defence Counsel, this judge did the right thing that day, and sided with fact and Justice.

The above example, together with the phrase 'Steps to Justice,' is where my next energies will go.  By presenting the Rules of Law as exercised by its oath-bound Officers, while juxtaposing its many resulting hypocritical realities, I hope to render, if anything, at least a potential towards possible reform.

"Steps to Justice" lie in the eye of the beholder. Each conscience determines to be either truthful, or not! Too many consciences are betrayed for the sake of greed and status quo.  When meaning is lost, chaos reigns, and the devil take the hindmost.

conscience |ˈkän(t)SHənsnounan inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior: 

status quo |ˌstādəs ˈkwōnoun (usu. the status quothe existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment