Tuesday 22 October 2013

49. DO IT, BUT BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST!

Page views 3366, I just checked. What's a page view? Where is it explained? Do I need to know? How curious am I? Who's in my 'Circle?' Do I care? I left Facebook, because 'they' had posted a silly shot of me on my business site http://go-bizlist.ca, the year I drove my Smart car to Nevada to spend time with my daughter at Burning man. Quite the experience, but once is enough. I'm going to do this stuff for only so much longer. It consumes you. I can't STAND the paper work. Files everywhere, and I still can't find what I'm looking for. Wish I had a robotic file-clerk; maybe in 10 years they'll be on special @ Walmart's.

My appeal seems to be registered. I have been given a Case Number. I paid $181.00 to file the 'Notice of Appeal', 'Appellant's Certificate Respecting Evidence' (a list of exhibits you intend to refer to), and an 'Affidavit of Service Notice'. Ur not allowed to email the court. Call them, leave a message, then sit around waiting for an answer, if it's important. They'll FAX you stuff, or else use regular mail. It's all highly tentative at a distance!

This posting's heading refers to a news item about whistleblowers and 'do-gooders' in general. At worst you'll get shot; the less threatening invaders, like me, tend to get burned out, or just squashed, like a gnat. The objective is to see this through, then compile in to an online available Case-study, and hope it forewarns other possible gullible people from wasting their time and money. Will it be worth it? Whatever, I'm doing it.

If you feel like seeing a film based on a real court case, about a man who invented the intermittent windshield wipers, watch Marc Abraham's 'A Flash of Genius'. The inventor spent some 18 years of his life in and out of court, lost his house, family, and his job. He was obsessed with 'justice.' Ironically, he did win in the end. I think he received some 18 million dollars. Was it worth it? I'm still hoping to pay my investors back... If I only had the $100,000 Defense has spent to date, it would be ALL over.

Soon...





3 comments:

  1. What are you appealing? Your article doesn't explain. If defense didn't settle before spending that much money they likely never will... it is too bad that companies have liability insurances to cover the cost of lawsuits so that they don't pay out of pocket or they might have been more encouraged to. Getting justice in our law systems is a hopeless task for anyone but the rich, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://about-justice.blogspot.com23 October 2013 at 11:52

    Thank you, 'Jacinthe,' for your comment. With incoming stats, I SO would like to know, HOW did you come across the Blog? View number stats show a graph, with a color Map in Admin. But WHO directed you here? With new viewers gradually coming on board, it becomes a Blogger's issue to 'rehash' old stuff, or leave it to the viewer's curiosity to spend more time, read on and self-discover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ 3399 'views.' To reiterate: Appealing a Master's dismissal of my 2010 Claim against an Ottawa, Canada, web developer's lack of contractual compliance (crucial timeline concerns missed, and unusable product). Your last sentence stating justice is for the rich, I have also amply indulged in. My overall aim here is to alert the gullible public to inherent dangers and pitfalls of doing business with out of Province/ State "100% guaranteed, money back if not FULLY satisfied, state of the art, we stand behind our services" etc. etc. business types.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment