Friday 27 December 2013

75. Renewed Request for Status of Transcripts

VIEWS @ 6058

FOR THE RECORD

"Appeal deadline for filing when transcripts are a part of the appeal, is 60 days after being informed the transcripts are ready for delivery." 
(Those are the Rules, as I interpret them) 

Dear Ms "X' and Ms "Y" :
(Miss 'X' is head of transcribers; Ms 'Y' of Court Services)

Online court information suggests our Superior Courts are open "Year-round." 

I quote from pages Ms. 'Z' (Divisional Court) FAXED me on October 21, 2013, Time: 2:20 PM

P.10
"Part Three: Transcripts. If you are filing a transcript and an electronic version of the transcript was prepared, you must file the electronic version of the transcript with the court, in addition to a hard copy.

1) I continue to await the "ready for delivery" notice of both transcripts; presumably I will be informed of differing "ready" dates, since the one ordered from Ms.'S' although it seemed to be almost ready, has, as yet, not been 'fully reviewed.' *
- The second transcript's readiness, I am informed, will be sometime in January, 2014. 

2) Without asking you for legal advice, I do  pose the following logistical question?  Does the 60 day filing of my 'Certificate of Perfection' begin upon notice of readiness of the FIRST transcript? OR, as I assume, with TWO different transcribers involved, it would be the "Notice of Readiness" by the SECOND transcriber that would start the Timeline Clock of 60 days! As Administrative heads of your Departments, PLEASE  inform me of the correct answer.

3) Would you both please be so good as to inform me HOW I can go about filing the indicated required electronic version of the transcript? Am I required to order and pay for an additional copy? Or may I obtain the transcriber's copy? 

4) With court reporters/ transcribers working as government sub-contracted, self-employed entities  - at their homes, away from the Courts where the 'ORIGINAL ELECTRONIC VERSION' is no doubt kept 'SECURE,' and untampered -
do the transcribers, or a designated, safe, other technical person in charge, make a direct facsimile copy of same, which they then legally sign out, under the premiss they have a duplicate facsimile, and swear to copy same - identically?  

5) Surely the original electronic version stays put, safely in the court files? Please explain this format for me.

What is the deadline for perfecting my appeal?
Based on the above, and so I may better comprehend and prepare the logistics of the appeal documents I am required to complete for my 'Certificate of Perfection', I am asking you for a clear and definitive answer as to why my request to obtain 2 transcripts (which I began enquiring about in October 2013) continues to be an enigma to me.

I include Ms "S"'s November 5, email * (Below). It concerns the December 06, 2012 transcript I ordered. Ms 'S' clearly informs the status of the transcript. However, instead of her imminent re-connect, as indicated, it is followed by a month long silence from most all departments I then contacted to enquire the readiness and delivery of both transcripts. 

On December 2, 2013, It was ultimately explained to me by Ms. 'B' (client services Ministry of Attorney General) who stated: "...the Court reporters are waiting for a deposit/ and or payment from you."
I was completely unaware of the fact it was my lack of effort that had halted and further delayed this process.
The $200 money order deposit for the September 20/ 2013 transcript has been delivered and acknowledged.
The $380 money order part-payment of the first transcript has been PO determined delivered, but has yet to be acknowledged. Acknowledgment of its delivery will hopefully include the outstanding particulars of the total owed, so that a single payment settles all. 

As an addendum I add, these transactions are purely one-sided. Where is the security for delivery of goods the litigant citizen has ordered and now paid a good amount up front for? 

I look forward to your responses.
Thanking you in advance,
Sincerely,
Jan Steen
 ________________________________________________________________________
*
From: 
Ms 'S' + email
Date: November 5, 2013 7:23:36 AM GMT-08:00
To: Me @ me @email
Subject: Re: Transcript Steen v. Canada Inc

Hi Mr. Steen,
The transcript is being reviewed for release, I will be in touch later today to pass along payment details, as well as to collect details about sending the transcript.  The cost of mailing the transcript will also be added to the total cost of the transcript. 
Regards,
"S"
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Client Me @ email> wrote:
Hello "S":

I would much appreciate receiving an update about how the December 06, 2012, requested transcript of the Master Roger presiding Motion of Case #10-49776 is coming along.
Thank you,
Jan Steen

On 22-Oct-13, at 5:52 PM, "S" wrote:
I can look into the PayPal option that sounds like the best way. I'll let you know when I have it set up.

"S"
NOTE: The above  NEVER happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment